101 E. 21st Street
Austin, Texas 78712
University of Texas Libraries
University of Texas at Austin
101 E. 21st St. S5460
Austin, Texas 78712-1490
The Scholars Lab is a PCL-based campus-wide resource that provides researchers with infrastructure, UT Libraries subject librarian and domain-situated expertise, and opportunities for learning, consultation, collaboration and research presentation to enhance multidisciplinary research and digital scholarship.
Scholars Lab services draw from a diverse group of UT Libraries experts to provide a framework of research and scholarship support throughout the research lifecycle: planning, conducting, publishing, and increasing access to and impact of research.
It is located on the entry-level of the Perry-Castañeda Library, in a space adjacent to the lobby and Scholars Commons. It includes a Data Lab, Scan Tech Studio for digitization of print materials and optical character recognition, hybrid meeting-enabled project rooms, and a variety of spaces for both individual and collaborative productivity.
• Engage a growing community of serious scholars engaged in research and teaching enabled by digital technologies.
• Invite and nurture intersections of scholars at all phases of practice, and support project work reflective of all perspectives, lenses and voices.
• Build on a successful Scholars Commons pilot project.
• Facilitate the development of digital scholarship community and interdisciplinary researcher networks through physical meeting and group work spaces.
• Support digital literacy, data management, and experiential learning in a Data Lab environment with robust technology and tools.
Scholars Lab Advisory Group
- Tanya Clement, Associate Professor, Department of English, College of Liberal Arts; Director, Initiative for Digital Humanities
- Jim Cox, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, Graduate School
- Eric Meyer, Dean, School of Information
- Rachel Davis Mersey, Interim Dean, Moody College of Communication
- Luisa Nardini, Associate Professor, Butler School of Music, College of Fine Arts
- lorraine haricombe, Vice Provost and Director, University of Texas Libraries
- Chris Carter, Director of Organizational Effectiveness, University of Texas Libraries
- Jenifer Flaxbart, Assistant Director of Research Support and Digital Initiatives, University of Texas Libraries
- Allyssa Guzman, Head of Digital Scholarship Services, University of Texas Libraries
- Catherine Hamer, Director of Academic Engagement, University of Texas Libraries
- Karina Sánchez, Scholars Lab Librarian, University of Texas Libraries