Get a Scan and Course Reserves Requests
Request a scan of a book chapter or article
Get a Scan is a free service that allows currently affiliated UT Austin patrons to request scans of single book chapters and articles from the UT Libraries collections or from other libraries. We can provide one chapter/article per request, and up to 3 chapters from a single book with individual requests. We cannot provide scans of full books.
We utilize HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access and will provide links to full text eBooks when HathiTrust can be used to fulfill your request
Fill out the Article/Chapter request form. Providing a complete and accurate citation can expedite delivery time. Google Scholar is useful for checking a citation if you are unsure of the accuracy of your source. Google Scholar may also link to the full text of the article you seek. When your request is ready, you will receive an email with a link to download your chapter or article in PDF format from our platform.
Faculty and Instructor Course Reserves Request (Fall 2020)
Due to COVID 19 safety restrictions, the UT Libraries physical Course Reserves service is not available. As an alternative, we are processing requests for online access to Reserves content to provide what is requested in digital format, where possible. We may scan articles, single book chapters, and will purchase eBooks eBooks where available. Similarly, we will seek to obtain streaming access to DVD and other media content.
The following considerations apply:
- Entire books cannot be scanned
- Only one chapter/article per request form
- Digitization of DVDs for streaming requires licensing, please allow extra time for this process
- Not all books are available as eBooks that can be added to the collection
- We utilize HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access and will provide links to full text eBooks when HathiTrust can be used to fulfill your request
- Ebooks in our online catalog can be linked to your course number for easy discovery by your students