The University of Texas Libraries welcomes and respects all individuals and communities by valuing and consciously maintaining awareness of diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe inclusivity is critical to fostering excellence in all of our endeavors, and we promote diversity in our collections and services, as well as in our recruiting, hiring, and retention practices.
If you’d like the chance to be part of the Libraries, we offer employment opportunities as staff, professional librarians, graduate research assistants, and student workers.
Benefits of working as a full-time staff member at the Libraries:
- The University of Texas at Austin offers a competitive benefits package that includes insurance coverage and retirement benefits in addition to other programs and services. Read more about Prospective Employee Benefits.
- The Libraries aims to create a work life balance for employees, offering telecommuting and flexible schedules when possible.
- The university offers an average of 14 paid holidays annually, as well as vacation and sick time accruals monthly.
- After one year of service, employees are able to take advantage of the Staff Tuition Assistance Program, which covers the cost of one undergraduate or graduate course per semester.
- Staff IDs provide free access to all CapMetro services.
- The university provides various resources and discounts to employees.
As part of the Preservation and Digital Stewardship team at University of Texas Libraries, the Digital Reformatting Coordinator oversees day-to-day digitization activities and is responsible for supervising student technicians, lab operations, and workflows to convert library collections to digital formats.
Administrative & Professional Employment
The University of Texas Libraries is currently recruiting for an Assessment and Analytics Librarian. This position is part of a small team that works collaboratively to design and implement assessment strategies that allow UT libraries to make well-informed decisions, communicate our impact, and continuously improve.
The University of Texas Libraries seeks a Creative & Instructional Technologies Librarian to advance the mission of UT Libraries’ inclusive makerspace, The Foundry, located in the Fine Arts Library. This position will primarily work with faculty and students from across campus and disciplines to advance creative inquiry through workshops, interdisciplinary course-integrated instruction, and point of need consultations. This position will partner with Foundry staff to identify outreach opportunities and contribute to day-to-day operations of the Foundry. This position will also support adjacent instructional technologies within the library. The individual in this position will have the opportunity to provide chat reference services, serve on internal library committees, partner with Libraries staff on creative and instructional technology services, and engage with the academic library maker community.
This strategic position with Research Support and Digital Initiatives is intended to promote and provide support for reproducible research practices including open source software development to students, faculty, and staff through consultation, event coordination, and collaboration with the Open Source Program Office and other campus partners.
This is a fixed position with the possibility of continuation depending on funding; current end date is 7/2025.
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA)
These positions are available for currently enrolled university graduate students to work in various areas of the Libraries from circulation to IT. Some positions may include benefits such as a monthly stipend and in-state tuition.
Library Human Resources
Austin, Texas 78712