The University of Texas Libraries welcomes and respects all individuals and communities by valuing and consciously maintaining awareness of diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe inclusivity is critical to fostering excellence in all of our endeavors, and we promote diversity in our collections and services, as well as in our recruiting, hiring, and retention practices.
If you’d like the chance to be part of the Libraries, we offer employment opportunities as staff, professional librarians, graduate research assistants, and student workers.
Benefits of working as a full-time staff member at the Libraries:
- The University of Texas at Austin offers a competitive benefits package that includes insurance coverage and retirement benefits in addition to other programs and services. Read more about Prospective Employee Benefits.
- The Libraries aims to create a work life balance for employees, offering telecommuting and flexible schedules when possible.
- The university offers an average of 14 paid holidays annually, as well as vacation and sick time accruals monthly.
- After one year of service, employees are able to take advantage of the Staff Tuition Assistance Program, which covers the cost of one undergraduate or graduate course per semester.
- Staff IDs provide free access to all CapMetro services.
- The university provides various resources and discounts to employees.
As a part of the Content Management unit within UT Libraries, the Outsourced Resources Team Lead is responsible for coordinating and processing shipments of materials being sent to third parties for cataloging. The position also hires, trains, and supervises student and hourly workers that support the department’s efforts to describe foreign language materials. This position reports to the Head of Outsourced and Strategic Resources.
Administrative & Professional Employment
The University of Texas Libraries Director of Development leads in the development of a comprehensive fundraising plan that optimizes the best of UTL resources while strategically cultivating a portfolio of high-net-worth donors. Reporting to the Vice Provost and Director of UT Libraries the position is an active member of UT Libraries’ Executive Team to advance strategic priorities through fundraising.
Assistant Director of Administrative Services and Chief Financial Officer
The Assistant Director of Administrative Services leads the Administrative Services unit of the University of Texas Libraries, ensuring that all financial processes and transactions are efficient and in compliance with relevant laws and policies. This position also collaborates with UT Libraries leaders to develop strategic priorities and implementation plans.
- Please log into Workday and under Menu, click “Jobs Hub”.
- Then select “Browse Jobs” to find the position by title or recruiting number (R_00030252) in the search feature.
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA)
These positions are available for currently enrolled university graduate students to work in various areas of the Libraries from circulation to IT. Some positions may include benefits such as a monthly stipend and in-state tuition.
Library Human Resources
Austin, Texas 78712