Life Science Library (LSL) Facilities Use Policy
Welcome to the Life Science Library (LSL), MAI 220.
Access to the Life Science Library (LSL) is currently limited to the Lobby area and the adjacent Reading Rooms. The Service Desk and stacks areas are closed. All library materials must be requested via the Pick-It-Up service.
LSL users are expected to:
- Properly wear a UT approved face covering while in the facility.
- Follow social distancing signage and guidelines.
- Refrain from on-site use of the Reading Room collections. Please request these materials via Pick It Up.
- Refrain from disruptive behavior. Disruptive behavior includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Assault or intimidation of staff or users through language or actions, including refusing to social distance or wear a UT approved face covering.
- Any behavior that creates excessive noise or commotion.
- Refusing to leave the library when directed.
- Entering areas of the library marked "Staff Only”.
- Violating any UT policies, including but not limited to Title IX and sexual harassment policies.
- Being under the influence of alcohol/illegal drugs, and selling, using or possessing alcohol/illegal drugs.
- Entering the library barefoot or without a shirt, or otherwise being attired in a manner that is disruptive to the environment.
- Having offensive body odor or personal hygiene that unreasonably interferes with other patrons’ ability to use the library and its facilities.
- Leaving packages, backpacks, luggage, or any other personal items unattended.
- Bringing pets or animals, other than service animals, into the library.
- Using audible devices without headphones or with headphones set at a volume that disturbs others.
- Talking on cell phones in areas other than the main lobby.
- Filming or taking photographs in the library without prior authorization.
- Theft of or damage to furniture or equipment, to include writing on the table tops or graffiti of any sort.
- Rearranging or moving furniture or equipment.
- Using extension, adaptor or power cords in a way that poses a safety hazard for others.
- Use of wheeled transportation is prohibited in PCL, including but not limited to bicycles, scooters, hoverboards and skateboards. Bicycles or motorized transportation devices are not permitted in PCL at any time. Use of mobility aids, including wheelchairs and walkers, is permitted. Skateboards must be carried when in the building.
- Using tobacco products (Nonsmoking Policy).
- Drinking or eating in the library.
- Sleeping is highly discouraged due to vulnerability. Sleeping individuals may be awakened by library staff in order to ensure their safety/well-being.
- Disrespectful or rude behavior toward UT staff.
- Posting signs, distributing literature, gathering signatures, soliciting contributions, tabling or conducting surveys inside PCL without Libraries authorization.
- With the exception of Libraries-sponsored events, non-reservable public spaces must remain open to all library users. No group or individual may keep another group or individuals from using the space.
Note: Anyone engaging in disruptive behavior may be denied further access to the Libraries.