Mission/Vision: To combine user-focused research and assessment with effective communication to improve user experiences and share the story of the University of Texas Libraries.
- People-centered – We put people first.
- Equity – We promote equity.
- Integrity – We act with integrity.
- Creativity – We encourage creativity.
- Agility – We respond to change.
Scope of work:
Conduct Research & Assessment
Conduct regular qualitative and quantitative assessments of and research related to the Libraries services, online and physical spaces, and processes. Use findings to formulate recommendations that drive continuous improvement.
Consult with library staff on assessment and user experience projects (design and management), data needs (access, collection, analysis, and visualization), and communication activities (planning, content gathering, and distributing).
- Sustainable Open Scholarship Working Group surveys
- Design workshops
- Heuristic evaluations
- Media training
- Strategic Communications Planning
Communicate Value & Impact
Use data, staff and user feedback, and examples of research and innovation from global stakeholders, to raise awareness of the value of the UT Libraries to broad and specific audiences.
Improve Library Experiences
Observe user perception of Library products and services through user-centered research including user interviews, discussion groups, surveys, and benchmark usability studies. Ensure all user interactions with Library spaces, products and services provides a delightful and optimal experience for all users.
- Learning Commons and Scholars Commons Assessments
- Equipment Circulation
- Study/Reservable Spaces (Digital & In-person)
- Brand Assessment and Design
Manage & Visualize Data
Collect, document, store, analyze, visualize, and report data pertaining to library assessment. Help library staff access and use data in order to make decisions.
- Alma Analytics
- Tableau Service Dashboards
- PCL Heatmap