Reserve a Study Room
AirMedia Users on Mac Systems: Has your MacOS been updated to 10.15 Catalina?
If so, you will need to download and install this app to use AirMedia.
(This will download a zip file from the Crestron site)
Please Note: UT Libraries does not provide access to private spaces for remotely proctored exams and does not support or provide access to remote proctoring software on library computers.
PCL Group Study Rooms
Perry Castañeda Library, Floor 3-6
Reserve a room. The PCL Group Study rooms are reservable spaces for groups of 2 or more. They include movable furniture,...
PCL Presentation Practice Rooms
Perry Castañeda Library, Floor 2-6
Reserve a room. The PCL Presentation Practice rooms are private, reservable spaces where groups of 2 or more can collaborate and...
Scholars Commons Study Rooms
Perry Castañeda Library, Floor 2
UT Graduate Students: Reserve a room. These rooms are only available to UT graduate students.
- Group Study Rooms and Presentation Practice Rooms are for current university students only.*
- Study rooms in the PCL Scholars Commons are for graduate students only.
- A group is defined as two or more students.
- These rooms are intended only for collaborative study, not meetings, classes, or any other related uses.
- Presentation Practice Rooms are intended for use by groups that need to use the media provided.
- Group Study Rooms and Presentation Practice Rooms are available for reservation only when hosting the Libraries location is open.
- Each reservation must be made on the hour or half-hour and be at least 1 hour (60 minutes) in duration. No more than 4 1-hour reservations may be made within one 24-hour period.
- Reservations are limited to 4 hours total per EID per week. To reserve a room for longer than 4 hours or make multiple reservations exceeding 4 hours in a given week, another individual from the group must use their EID to make the reservation. (A one week period is defined as Sunday through Saturday at midnight.)
- A group that is more than 15 minutes late forfeits the reservation.
- An individual may use a Group Study Room or Presentation Practice Room, but only as a walk-up if no reservation is currently in place for that room. Rooms may not be reserved for individual study.
- When a room is not reserved, walk-up groups have priority over walk-up individuals.
- Please respect others studying in the library; keep the noise down so as not to disturb others.
- Clean up the room before you leave so that it is ready for the next group.
- The Libraries reserves the right to limit future Group Study and Presentation Practice Room use if the system is abused.
*Other Campus Room Options for Groups
Faculty / TAs/ AIs
- Library group study rooms are NOT available for class meetings, review sessions or extended office hours.
- Faculty and non-student staff members can reserve rooms on campus for classes, exams and review sessions through the Office of the Registrar at 512-475-7600 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.