Fine Arts Library (FAL) Facility Use Policy
During the pandemic:
- Users may:
- study in the 3rd floor (entry level) Reading Room of the Fine Arts Library.
- access the 4th floor classrooms via the 3rd floor of the Fine Arts Library.
- Users may not:
- access the 5th floor.
- enter the Foundry area or the area behind the Service Desk.
- use any of the technology in the Fine Arts Library, including Foundry equipment, computers, printers, scanners, viewing stations, and the turntable.
- Leave any Libraries materials at the Service Desk. Instead all Libraries materials must be returned to the book return at PCL.
- Eat or drink in the Fine Arts Library.
FAL users are expected to:
- Properly wear a recommended face covering while in the facility.
- Follow social distancing signage and guidelines.
- Refrain from disruptive behavior. Disruptive behavior includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Assault or intimidation through language or actions, including refusing to social distance or wear a UT approved mask/face covering.
- Any behavior that creates excessive noise or commotion.
- Refusing to leave the library when directed.
- Entering areas of the library marked "Staff Only,” taped off, or identified under the Access section above as areas users may not enter.
- Violating any UT policies, including but not limited to Title IX and sexual harassment policies.
- Being under the influence of alcohol/illegal drugs, and selling, using or possessing alcohol/illegal drugs.
- Entering the library barefoot or without a shirt, or otherwise being attired in a manner that is disruptive to the environment.
- Having offensive body odor or personal hygiene that unreasonably interferes with other patrons’ ability to use the library and its facilities.
- Leaving packages, backpacks, luggage, or any other personal items unattended.
- Bringing pets or animals, other than service animals, into the library.
- Using audible devices without headphones or with headphones set at a volume that disturbs others.
- Filming or taking photographs in the library without prior authorization.
- Theft of or damage to furniture or equipment, to include writing on the table tops or graffiti of any sort.
- Rearranging or moving furniture or equipment.
- Using extension, adaptor or power cords in a way that poses a safety hazard for others.
- Using wheeled transportation, including but not limited to bicycles, scooters, hoverboards and skateboards. Bicycles or motorized transportation devices are not permitted in FAL at any time. Use of mobility aids, including wheelchairs and walkers, is permitted. Skateboards must be carried.
- Using tobacco products (Nonsmoking Policy).
- Sleeping is highly discouraged due to vulnerability.
- Posting signs, distributing literature, gathering signatures, soliciting contributions, tabling or conducting surveys.
- Spaces must remain open to all library users. No group or individual may keep another group or individuals from using the space.