Do you love the Libraries and want to help? Have ideas for improvement? Make your voice heard!
The University of Texas Libraries is seeking nominations for students to join SLAC – the Libraries Student Advisory Committee. Committee members will be an active voice in the Libraries decisionmaking process, representing student needs and preferences to help us create the best library experience we can.
Members will meet 5 times during the academic year (twice in fall and thrice in spring) and will benefit in multiple ways, including the following:
- Influence the future of the Libraries
- Learn about Libraries services and resources that will benefit you academically
- Resume-worthy leadership experience on a University-wide committee
Examples of the kinds of student expertise we seek include:
- Ideas for how to best reach students with information about library programs
- Feedback about what is working well about the Libraries and where we can improve
- Input on current and future library services and spaces
Members will be chosen through a nomination/self-nomination process. Membership is open to undergraduate and graduate students. To nominate yourself, submit this brief form that asks for contact info and a statement on why you would be a good candidate for the group by September 8.
Contact Krystal Wyatt-Baxter, Head of Assessment & User Experience, if you have questions.