You are here
Adding the laptop printer popup for Mac OS 10.5 and later
- Download a PDF with screen shots of all the steps to install the Mac laptop printer.
- Install the Popup.pkg from the Popup.dmg.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left of your screen and chose 'System Preferences', then click the 'Print and Fax' or 'Print and Scan' icon.
- Click the + button.
- Hold down the 'Control' key on the keyboard and click anywhere on the toolbar. From the popup menu that appears, select 'Customize Toolbar'.
- Drag the 'Advanced' icon to the toolbar and click 'Done' to close the customization dialog.
- Click the 'Advanced' button--the system will pause for 15-20 seconds.
- From 'Type' select 'Pharos Print Server', leave 'Device' set to 'Another Device'.
- URL is the IP address followed by the printer name--in this case 'popup://184.108.40.206/laptop'. Be sure to include the 'popup://' prefix.
- 'Name' should be set to 'Libraries Laptop Printing'.
- 'Print Using' should be set to 'Generic PostScript Printer'.
- Click 'Add.' There should know be a printer named 'laptop' in the lefthand pane of the 'Print and Fax' preferences.
- restart your Mac