This page is not actively being updated as of June 19, 2020.
The UT Libraries continues to serve its users during Covid-19. Visit the Libraries Services Continuity guide for more information and details. For information on operational changes that have occurred in response to the current health crisis, visit the Libraries’ Coronavirus Updates page.
Please refer to the Research Restart plan provided by the Office of the Vice President for Research at: https://research.utexas.edu/covid-19-research-faq/. We are currently operating in Phase 3 of the Research Restart plan and providing limited access to library materials that are available only in print. See our Libraries Continuity Guide for details.
- Librarians are available to provide remote instruction for courses. This can take the form of synchronous sessions or asynchronous tutorials, assignments and guides. Contact your librarian to get started.
- If you had materials on reserve or relied on print materials for your courses, you have numerous options. Your subject librarian can help you find and possibly purchase ebook versions of your materials or find alternate resources. In addition, approximately 40% of our print collection is available via HathiTrust. Visit the Temporarily Opened Collections guide for many more options.
- The Libraries has an extensive collection of online resources including articles, ebooks, maps, streaming audio and video, and more.
- In addition to our regular online collections, the Libraries has made numerous resources temporarily available during this time.
- You may still use Interlibrary Loan to place requests for ebooks and electronic copies of articles and book chapters. Requests for physical items are suspended.
- The UT Libraries is working on protocols to provide access to print materials in alignment with the Research Restart plan from the Vice President for Research. Watch this space for more information as it becomes available.
- Due dates for all library materials have been extended until September 8 (June 30 for Interlibary Loan materials) and will be extended further if necessary.
- There will be no fines for currently checked out materials.
- Materials can be returned to the reopened book drop at the Perry-Castañeda Library.
- See the FAQs for more information.
- All bars preventing students from registering or receiving transcripts have been temporarily lifted.