Group Study and Presentation Practice Rooms
- Group Study Rooms and Presentation Practice Rooms are for current UT Austin students only.*
- Study rooms in the PCL Scholars Commons are for graduate students only.
- A group is defined as two or more students.
- These rooms are intended only for collaborative study, not meetings, classes, or any other related uses.
- Presentation Practice Rooms are intended for use by groups that need to use the media provided.
- Group Study Rooms and Presentation Practice Rooms are available for reservation only during times the hosting UT Libraries location is open.
- Each reservation must be made on the hour or half-hour, and be at least 1 hour (60 minutes) in duration. No more than 4 1-hour reservations may be made within one 24-hour period.
- Reservations are limited to 4 hours total per EID per week. To reserve a room for longer than 4 hours, or make multiple reservations exceeding 4 hours in a given week, another individual from the group must use his or her EID to make the reservation. (A one week period is defined as Sunday through Saturday at midnight.)
- A group that is more than 15 minutes late forfeits the reservation.
- An individual may use a Group Study Room or Presentation Practice Room, but only as a walk-up if no reservation is currently in place for that room. Rooms may not be reserved for individual study.
- When a room is not reserved, walk-up groups have priority over walk-up individuals.
- Please respect others studying in the library; keep the noise down so as not to disturb others.
- Clean up the room before you leave so that it is ready for the next group.
- The UT Libraries reserves the right to limit future Group Study and Presentation Practice Room use if the system is abused.
*Other Campus Room Options for Groups
Faculty / TAs/ AIs
- Library group study rooms are NOT available for class meetings, review sessions or extended office hours.
- Faculty and non-student staff members can reserve rooms on campus for classes, exams and review sessions through the Office of the Registrar at 512-475-7600 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further assistance, Ask a Librarian