The Quality Council will resolve environmental* issues reported by Libraries staff and the public through the LibQUAL+ survey and other listening tools. The work of the council will be based primarily on qualitative data gathered via these tools.
Quality council members will review the issues they receive and work together to come up with appropriate responses. The suggested solutions will be presented to the Libraries Administrative Council for approval prior to implementation.
Quality Council members include eleven members selected from Libraries staff, representing as many different areas as possible, and two additional members, one each from the Classified and Professional Staff Affairs Committees. Members serve two-year terms, with the members from CSAC and PSAC serving through the end of their terms on their respective committees.
Sources of input for the Quality Council:
- LibQUAL+ survey results and comments (2003 through current year)
- Staff events (e.g., All Staff Planning sessions, Customer Service Training)
- Comment boxes in the Libraries
- Comments submitted online via the Libraries web site
The Quality Council is currently on hiatus. The list of members will be updated when the group is reconstituted.
- * Environment: The totality of circumstances surrounding an organism or group of organisms, especially:
- a. The combination of external physical conditions that affect and influence the growth, development, and survival of organisms
- b. The complex of social and cultural conditions affecting the nature of an individual or community.