University of Texas Medical Branch

Current Ledger Medical Department University of Texas (1917-1941)



Descriptive Summary

Creator: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Title: Current Ledger Medical Department University of Texas (1917-1941)
Identification: MS 143
Language: English
Repository: Truman G. Blocker, Jr. History of Medicine Collections, Moody Medical Library, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 77555. Phone: 409-772-2397.

Historical Note

Founded in 1891, the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is the oldest state supported medical school in Texas.


Scope and Contents Note

This ledger dates from 1917 to 1941 and contains entries including the Sealy Smith Foundation Endowment (1929), John Sealy Jr. Endowment (1917), George W. Brackenridge Endowment (1917), George W. Brackenridge Loan Fund (1939) and the Faculty Dinner Fund (1941).


Restrictions

Access Restrictions

The collection is open for research use. Materials may be viewed in the Truman G. Blocker, Jr. History of Medicine Collections of the Moody Medical Library.


Administrative Information

Preferred Citation

[Identification of Item], in the Current Ledger Medical Department University of Texas (1917-1941) collection, MS 143, Truman G. Blocker, Jr. History of Medicine Collections, Moody Medical Library, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Texas.

Processing Information

These records were organized and processed by staff of the Truman G. Blocker, Jr. History of Medicine Collections. Finding aid prepared by Robert Marlin and Kelly Caldwell; encoded by Richard L. Watts in EAD 2002 W3C in January of 2017.