TABLE OF CONTENTS
John Sealy Hospital
The John Sealy Hospital first opened in 1890. Its construction was funded by a donation given on behalf of the late John Sealy by his wife and brother. The current John Sealy Hospital was completed in 1978 and was funded by the Sealy & Smith Foundation. The 12-story hospital includes single-patient rooms and specialized intensive care units.
This collection is contained in one bound volume. The volume is a handwritten ledger of patient fees and payments circa 1900.
The collection is open for research use. Materials may be viewed in the Truman G. Blocker, Jr. History of Medicine Collections of the Moody Medical Library, located on the 3rd floor.
[Identification of Item], in the John Sealy Hospital, BV 11, Truman G. Blocker, Jr. History of Medicine Collections, Moody Medical Library, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Texas.
These records were organized and processed by staff of the Truman G. Blocker, Jr. History of Medicine Collections. Finding aid prepared by Robert Marlin and Kelly Caldwell; encoded by Lisa A. Reyna in EAD, version 2002 in June of 2014.