TABLE OF CONTENTS
Anatomical Board of the State of Texas
The 30th Legislature formed the state agency known as the Anatomical Board of the State of Texas when it passed House Bill 264, in 1907. Composed of the professors of anatomy and surgery from each medical and dental school or college in the state, the Board's purpose was to regulate the distribution of cadavers among institutions requiring such material, approve institutions and individuals to receive cadavers, approve facilities where cadavers were to be held and dissected, and to maintain records of cadavers which came under the supervision of the Board.
The Archives of the Anatomical Board of the State of Texas consist of the bylaws, announcements, correspondence, and history of the agency. The archival collection was given to the Moody Medical Library by the Executive Secretary/Treasurer of the Board, Dr. Andrew Payer, in May 1987.
Inventoried in June, 1994