University of Texas, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

A Guide to the UT Brackenridge Hall Records, 1893-1895, 1926, 1940



Descriptive Summary

Creator: University of Texas at Austin. Brackenridge hall.
Title: UT Brackenridge Hall Records,
Dates: 1893-1895, 1926, 1940
Abstract: Contains account books, 1893-1895, and B. Hall Association records, 1926, 1940.
OCLC No.: 965450273
Language: Materials are written in English.
Repository: Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin

Historical Note

Brackenridge Hall, known as B. Hall and originally called University Hall, was built in 1890. George W. Brackenridge, a Regent of UT, donated to the University to build the first residence hall for men on campus. From 1890 to 1899 B. Hall was able to house 58 students. After 9 years B. Hall was renovated to add more rooms to the building resulting in accommodating 125 students. Eventually, the residence hall was renovated and served as an academic building until it was razed in 1952.

Source:

"UT Housing and Food Buildings," University of Texas at Austin Division of Housing and Food Service. Accessed August 31, 2015. https://www.utexas.edu/student/housing/index.php?site=8&scode=0&id=978#brp


Scope and Contents

These records contain account books, 1893-1895, B. Hall Association records, 1926, 1940 from the University of Texas at Austin's Brackenridge Hall, also known as University Hall and B. Hall.


Restrictions

Access Restrictions

This collection is open for research use.


Index Terms

Subjects (Organizations)
University of Texas at Austin. Brackenridge Hall.
Places
Austin (Tex.)

Administrative Information

Preferred Citation

UT Brackenridge Hall Records, 1893-1895, 1926, 1940, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.

Processing Information

This collection was processed by archives staff.


Detailed Description of the Papers

 

Inventory

box
4P98 Account books, 1893-1895.
B. Hall Association records, 1926; 1940.