Texas Archival Resources Online

TABLE OF CONTENTS


Descriptive Summary

Historical Note

Scope and Contents

Restrictions

Index Terms

Administrative Information

Description of Series

Inventory

University of Texas, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

A Guide to the UT Barker Texas History Center Blueprints, 1948-1949



Descriptive Summary

Creator: Eugene C. Barker Texas History Center.
Title: UT Barker Texas History Center Blueprints,
Dates: 1948-1949
Abstract: Architecture blueprints from 1948-1949 used for the remodeling of Battle Hall to be used for the University of Texas at Austin Barker Texas History Center.
OCLC No.: 965449599
Extent: 2 items
Language: Materials are written in English.
Repository: Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin

Historical Note

On April 27, 1950 the Barker Texas History Center opened at the University of Texas at Austin. The Center occupied the Old Library Building, or Battle Hall, until it moved to Sid Richardson Hall in 1971. The blueprints from 1948-1949 are from when the Barker Texas History Center was going to move into Battle Hall.

Source:

Katherine J. Adams,"BARKER TEXAS HISTORY CENTER,"Handbook of Texas Online. Accessed August 28, 2015. https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/lcb01

Return to the Table of Contents


Scope and Contents

Architecture blueprints from 1948-1949 used for the remodeling of the Old Library Building (Battle Hall) to be used for the University of Texas at Austin Barker Texas History Center.

Return to the Table of Contents


Restrictions

Access Restrictions

This collection is open for research use.

Return to the Table of Contents


Index Terms

Subjects (Organizations)
Eugene C. Barker Texas History Center.
Subjects
Blueprints.
Places
Austin (Tex.)

Return to the Table of Contents


Administrative Information

Preferred Citation

UT Barker Texas History Center Blueprints, 1948-1949, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.

Processing Information

This collection was processed by archives staff.

Return to the Table of Contents


Detailed Description of the Papers

 

Inventory

box
2N231 Architect blueprints for remodeling the University of Texas at Austin Barker Texas History Center, 1948-1949.

Return to the Table of Contents