A Guide to the Saint John’s Lutheran Church (Round Top, TX) Records, 1848-1895
Serving as a vital community for many German settlers, Saint John’s Lutheran Church was established near Round Top, TX in 1856 by German missionaries and pastors. Adam Neuthard, a youthful German missionary with a passion for teaching, briefly ran the Saint John’s school.
Moore, Julia. “Round Top, Texas.” Generations: A Family History. Accessed November 22, 2011 http://jamfamilyhistory.com/stories/rtp.html.
Two rolls of microfilm comprise the Saint John’s Lutheran Church (Round Top, TX) Records, 1848-1895, documenting its constitution and religious ceremonies.
This collection is open for research use.
Saint John’s Lutheran Church (Round Top, TX) Records, 1848-1895, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
Basic processing and cataloging of this collection was supported with funds from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for the Briscoe Center’s “History Revealed: Bringing Collections to Light project,” 2009-2011.
Detailed Description of the Papers