TABLE OF CONTENTS
A Guide to the Galveston and Brazos Navigation Company Deed, 1870
In 1850, the Galveston and Brazos Navigation Company was founded in order to construct a canal from the harbor of West Galveston Bay to the Brazos River. Officers of the company included president John Seley and commissioners John S. Sydnor and Gail Borden, Jr., among others.
"Galveston and Brazos Navigation Company."Handbook of Texas Online. Accessed December 9, 2010. http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/dqg01.
The Galveston and Brazos Navigation Company Deed, 1870, is for 640 acres of land sold for one dollar to Franklin H. Merriman by John Seley for the Galveston and Brazos Navigation Company. The deed, dated March 9, 1870, includes a plat and description of the land and its location near Woodville, Texas, along the Brazos and Neches rivers in Tyler and Galveston counties.
This collection is open for research use.
Galveston and Brazos Navigation Company Deed, 1870, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
This collection was processed by Goodrich, May 1970.
Basic processing and cataloging of this collection was supported with funds from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for the Briscoe Center’s "History Revealed: Bringing Collections to Light" project, 2009-2011.