TABLE OF CONTENTS
A Guide to the Cum Concilium Club (Nacogdoches) Records, 1894-1899
The Cum Concilium Club, also known as the Cum Concilio Club, is a women’s study club organized in January 1894 in Nacogdoches, Texas. A member of the Federation of Women’s Clubs and the second oldest literary club in Texas, the club has been publicly recognized for its achievements, such as putting an iron fence around Oak Grove Cemetery, championing the preservation of the Old Stone Fort, participating in volunteer efforts during both World Wars, and starting the first public library in Nacogdoches.
Source: “Com Concilio Club.” Ralph W. Steen Library. Stephen F. Austin State University.http://libweb.sfasu.edu/proser/etrc/collections/manuscript/corporate/cumconcilioclub/index.html (accessed on November 12, 2010).
The Cum Concilium Club (Nacogdoches) Records, 1894-1899, includes minutes, constitution, and bylaws of the club. The records relate to cultural and social affairs, including member lists and meeting agendas.
This collection is open for research use.
Cum Concilium Club (Nacogdoches) Records, 1894-1899, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
Basic processing and cataloging of this collection was supported with funds from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for the Briscoe Center’s History Revealed: Bringing Collections to Light project, 2009-2011.