TABLE OF CONTENTS
A Guide to the UT 75th Anniversary Photographs, ca. 1958
These images were used for UT’s 75th Anniversary presentations in 1958. Many are copies of photographs in the Briscoe Center’s collections and are dated much earlier than the reproductions in this collection.
Collection consists of historical photographs of the University of Texas at Austin. Included are images of the UT-OU football game in 1909, laying the cornerstone of the first Main building in 1882, cheerleaders in 1914, the faculty in 1936, the first varsity team in 1893 and other faculty, students, staff and events of historical importance to the early years of the University.
The collection is open for research. Access to slides and negatives is by appointment only. Contact repository for appointment.
UT 75th Anniversary Photographs, ca. 1958, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
This collection was processed by Larry Landis, February 1989. Subsequent revisions were made by Linda Peterson, October 2010.
Basic processing and cataloging of this collection was supported with funds from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for the Briscoe Center’s "History Revealed: Bringing Collections to Light" project, 2009-2011.