A Guide to the B Hall Photograph, undated
B Hall was a men’s dormitory formerly located on the East Mall of the University of Texas campus. Officially named Brackenridge Hall, it was home to many of the University’s best-known graduates, including former Speaker of the House Sam Rayburn and former U. S. Senator Ralph Yarborough while they were students. It existed from 1891-1952 and housed the less affluent male members of the student body. Regent George W. Brackenridge was its patron, hence the name.
Consists of one 5 x 7 in. glass negative of B Hall.
Negatives are viewable by appointment only. Contact repository for appointment..
B Hall Photograph, undated, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
Basic processing and cataloging of this collection was supported with funds from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for the Briscoe Center’s "History Revealed: Bringing Collections to Light" project, 2009-2011.
Detailed Description of the Papers