Cameron Automobile Company Ledger:
The Cameron Automobile Company was a Cadillac dealership located at 2620-22 Main Street in Dallas, Texas. The Cameron family started the business for $28,000. Officers were: Russell L. Cameron, president; R. C. Rochelle, vice-president; and P. T. Peques, secretary-treasurer. The company was also a dealer for Durant, King, Star, Columbia, and Allen automobiles.
The ledger book contains 600 pages, approximately 126 of which are filled with company accounting records. The first 78 pages record income and expenses related to car repairs. Scattered through the remainder of the ledger are January 1924 inventories of Durant, King, and Star coupes, touring cars, and sedans, and assorted used automobiles, sometimes including serial and motor numbers.
Open for research.
Literary Rights Statement
Permission to publish, reproduce, distribute, or use by any and all other current or future developed methods or procedures must be obtained in writing from Special Collections, The University of Texas at Arlington Library. All rights are reserved and retained regardless of current or future development or laws that may apply to fair use standards.
The ledger was found on the Gill property at Collins and Abram, Arlington, Texas, in the mid-1950s. Jesse Rau donated the ledger on October 4, 1996. The acquisition was negotiated by Gerald Saxon and accessioned by Historical Manuscripts Archivist Shirley Rodnitzky,1996.
Cameron Automobile Company Ledger, AR456, OS399, Special Collections, The University of Texas at Arlington Library.
Accessioned as number 97-3.
The collection was processed by Tara Kirk.