Weatherford, Mineral Wells & Northwestern Railway Records:
The Weatherford, Mineral Wells & Northwestern Railway was chartered on July 2, 1889, to build a twenty-five mile rail line from Weatherford to Mineral Wells, Texas. Capitalized at $500,000, the company maintained its business office in Weatherford. Built on land primarily owned by the Franco-Texan Land Company, the line was completed to Mineral Wells in 1891. The Texas and Pacific Railway purchased the line in 1902 and extended its service an additional eighteen miles to Graford by 1908. In 1988, the Weatherford, Mineral Wells & Northwestern merged into the Missouri Pacific Railroad Company, successor to the Texas and Pacific. The City of Mineral Wells bought the line in 1989, leasing it to the Mineral Wells and Eastern Railroad that same year. The Mineral Wells and Eastern ceased operation in 1992.
This collection is comprised of two early undated subscription agreements with businessmen in Weatherford, Texas, and a ticket between Fort Worth and Weatherford, Texas, stamped August 22, 1920.
Open for research.
Literary Rights Statement
Permission to publish, reproduce, distribute, or use by any and all other current or future developed methods or procedures must be obtained in writing from Special Collections, The University of Texas at Arlington Library. All rights are reserved and retained regardless of current or future development or laws that may apply to fair use standards.
Purchased from Georgann Muckleroy, Cottage Classics, 2010.
Weatherford, Mineral Wells & Northwestern Railway Records, approximately 1889-1920, GA214, Special Collections, The University of Texas at Arlington Library.
Accessioned as number 2011-31.
Note: One subscription agreement is oversized and has been removed to box OS209.