An Inventory of the Its Scrapbook, 1936-1958, at the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library
Founded during the 1936 spring semester, the Plant Industry Club was established in order to stimulate leadership and scholarship in the students of the Plant Industry department at Texas Tech University. Nineteen students became the charter members and elected Rex Johnson as their president. Activities included Tech's first apple judging team, selling roses for the first Flower Tag Day, and sponsoring a flower judging team and a grain judging team.
Donated by Dr. Chester Jaynes, the leather bound scrapbook concerns the establishment and the history of the Plant Industry Club at Texas Technological College from 1936-1958. Also included is the organization's constitution and meeting minutes.
Open for research
Agronomy Department Scrapbook, 1936-1958, Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
Lynn Whitfield, November 1, 2000