Texas Archival Resources Online

TABLE OF CONTENTS


Descriptive Summary

Biographical Sketch

Scope and Contents

Restrictions

Index Terms

Administrative Information

Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, Texas Tech University

Raymond T. Bynum:

An Inventory of Photographs, 1923-1970, at the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library



Descriptive Summary

Creator Bynum, Raymond Tapley, 1906-
Title: Raymond T. Bynum Photograph Collection,
Dates: 1923-1970
Abstract: The photograph collection, dated 1923-1970, was donated by Raymond T. Bynum.
Collection # SWCPC 358
Quantity: 14 b/w copy negatives
Language English.
Repository: Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, Texas Tech University

Biographical Sketch

Raymond T. Bynum organized the first band in the Southwest composed entirely of high school students at Abilene, Texas, High School in 1926. He became band director at McMurry College in Abilene, Texas, in 1946.

Return to the Table of Contents


Scope and Contents

Collection contains images of marching bands, orchestras, uniforms, instruments, conductors and auditoriums in Texas, Oklahoma, and Mexico.

Return to the Table of Contents


Restrictions

Access Restrictions

Open for research

Return to the Table of Contents


Index Terms

The subject headings used by the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library are derived from the Library of Congress and/or locally developed.
Subjects (Persons)
Bynum, Raymond Tapley, 1906-
Sousa, John Philip, 1854-1932
Places
Abilene (Tex.)
Subjects
Bands (Music)--Texas--Photographs
Bandmasters--Texas--Photographs
Marching bands--Texas--Photographs
Uniforms--Photographs
Universities and colleges--Texas--Photographs
Orchestra--Texas--Photographs
Musicians--Photographs
Music festivals--Photographs
Fountains--Photographs
Conductors (Music)--Photographs
Musical nstruments--Photographs

Return to the Table of Contents


Administrative Information

Preferred Citation

Raymond T. Bynum Photograph Collection, 1923-1970, Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas

Acquisition

Donated, 1976

Processed by

A. Ramirez

Return to the Table of Contents