Guide to the Fondren Library Planning Committee records, 1993-1999 UA 210
The Fondren Library was originally built in 1949, designed by Staub & Rather, with William Ward Watkin as consulting architect. In 1968, an addition known as the Graduate Research Addition was built, designed by Staub, Rather & Howze. The Fondren Library Planning Committee's work during 1993-1999 began the process of the internal redesign which took place in 2006, in partnership with the firm of Shepley Bulfinch, and opened a new West entrance to the building, among other changes.
Records reflecting the business of the Fondren Library Planning Committee, which explored and planned a redesign of the library at Rice University, 1993-1999. Documents include background readings, consultants' reports, the committee's own reports, development strategy, and versions of plans.
Conditions Governing Access
This material is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish from this material must be facilitated through the Woodson Research Center.
Fondren Library Planning Committee records, 1993-1999, UA 210, Woodson Research Center, Fondren Library, Rice University.
Transferred to the archives after 2000.
Detailed Description of the Collection