TABLE OF CONTENTS
Detailed Description of the Collection
Canterbury Review Club Scrapbooks
The Canterbury Review Club was founded in Spring of 1947 by Mrs. John T. Knox, and its constitution was modeled on the book review club of her mother, Mrs. D.H. McFadden. One of the many book review clubs in Dallas inspired by Mrs. Ermance Rejebian, the Canterbury Review Club sponsored literary reviews through the presentation of a work of current literature by a reviewer.
The collection consists of three scrapbooks kept by the Canterbury Review Club to document the history and activities of their club. Inside the scrapbook, researchers can find newspaper clippings, envelopes containing the constitutions and histories kept by club officials throughout the 50 years of club operation. Also present are photographs of club members and activities.
MA08-4 Canterbury Review Club Scrapbooks, Texas/Dallas History & Archives Division, Dallas Public Library
processed by Bryan McKinney