TABLE OF CONTENTS
Barnes Landes Goodman Youngblood Drawings and Records
An Inventory of the Collection
Barnes Landes Goodman Youngblood (BLGY) was founded in Austin, Texas in 1955 by Jay Barnes, Robert Landes and Jack Goodman. Lamar Youngblood joined the firm in 1959 and made partner in 1960. Barnes was an Austin native that graduated from the University of Texas in 1950 with an engineering graduate degree. He worked in the Fort Worth office of Preston Geren, Architect prior to founding BLGY. Landes was born in Houston, Texas but moved to Austin to attend the University of Texas. He graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in 1950. Born in Atlanta, Georgia, Goodman received a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas in 1951.
Barnes Landes Goodman Youngblood projects include the Austin Public Library Howson Branch (1960), First Baptist Church with Page Southerland Page (1969), Stephen F. Austin High School (1975), Employees Retirement System of Texas Office Building (1979) and the Travis County Jail (1986).
The name of the firm was eventually changed to BLGY, Inc.
The collection consists of 194 architectural drawings and specifications dating from 1958 to 1973. The Austin Public Library Howson project is represented by a watercolor architectural perspective of the branch, the mechanical and electrical work specifications and the specifications for general construction. In addition there are elevations, sections, architectural and mechanical details for the Hyde Park Christian Church, Stephen F. Austin High School, Travis County Courthouse aerial passageway and the Travis County Courthouse Office Annex.
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users.
Restrictions on Use
Barnes Landes Goodman Youngblood Drawings and Records (AR.2009.007). Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, Texas.
Donor #: unknown
Donation Date: unknown
Finding aid created and encoded by Molly Hults in 2012.