Austin Lawyers' Auxiliary Records
An Inventory of the Collection
The Austin Lawyers' Auxiliary (formerly known as the Austin Lawyers' Wives' Club) was organized in 1950 with the purpose was "to promote sociability among its members." The name of the organization was changed to Austin Lawyers' Auxiliary in 1991. The organization holds social and speaker events as well as assisting the legal professional through philanthropic endeavors including a scholarship fund for law students at The University of Texas Law School.
The collection contains five scrapbooks dating from 1950-1977 (1950-1966, 1966-1970, 1970-1973, 1973-1974, 1976-1977), the 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 President's notebooks, newspaper clippings from 1991 and 1995, and yearbooks dating from 1950 through 1993. The scrapbooks consist of newspaper clippings, event flyers, yearbooks, correspondence and photographs. The President's Notebook includes financial and administrative records, membership and dues records, newsletters, event programs and flyers, correspondence and photographs.
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users.
Restrictions on Use
Donated by current (2010) club president.
Austin Lawyers' Auxiliary (AR.1994.063). Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, Austin, TX.
Donor #: DO/1982/036, DO/1996/076
Donation Date: 1982, 2010
Finding aid created and encoded by Molly Hults/2010.
Materials originally housed in a 3-ring binder were removed and foldered in original order and the notation (3RB) has been added to the folder tab.
Detailed Description of the Collection