TABLE OF CONTENTS
Detailed Description of the Collection
The Book Trailers Club Scrapbook
An Initial Inventory to the Collection
The Book Trailers Club was started in 1921 by Mrs. Hesper Mikesell’s Sunday School Class of the First Baptist Church. The original name of the group, Christian Home Makers, was changed to The Book Trailers in 1928. The purpose of the club is "to promote broader culture and mutual improvement through the study of various types of literature". The club joined The Texas Federation of Women’s Clubs (TFWC) in 1928 and later joined the Austin Woman’s Clubs.
The club song is “All Hail to Texas,” written by Dr. Randolph Haynes.
The collection consists of one scrapbook from the 50th Anniversary event held by the Book Trailers Club in 1971. The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings, photos, correspondence and lists of club members. The scrapbook is in fair physical condition.
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users
Restrictions on Use
The Book Trailers Club Scrapbook Initial Inventory (AR.2009.044). Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, Texas.
Donor #: DO/1984/081
Donation Date: 2009
Initial Inventory compiled by Molly Hults/2009.
Initial Inventory encoded by Evan Usler/2010.
There are loose items in the scrapbook.