TABLE OF CONTENTS
Women's Architectural League Scrapbooks
An Inventory of the Collection
The Women's Architectural League of Austin was founded in September, 1953 by the wives of several local architects "to advance the architectural profession and to promote friendship and unity within the group". Presidents were elected and served one-year terms. The first president was Mrs. Charles (Marty) Granger who served from 1953-1954. Meetings were held once a month. The group's activities included hosting events for the annual Texas Society of Architects Convention held in Austin, fundraising activities (fashion/style shows, bake sales, a contemporary home tours) in support of the Texas Architectural Foundation, a scholarship fund established to purchase teaching aids on architectural subjects for high school juniors and seniors. The group also sponsored a number of tours, lectures, luncheons, coffees and teas.
Activities of the Women's Architectural League of Austin are documented in four scrapbooks covering dates 1953-1959, 1959-1962, 1962-1966, 1966-1969. Each book contains a variety of news clippings, announcements, invitations, yearbooks, membership lists and flyers.
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users.
Restrictions on Use
The records were donated by former club president Joyce Gustafson.
Women's Architectura League of Austin Scrapbooks(AR.2003.028). Austin Public Library, Austin History Center, Texas.
Donation Date: 2003 August 19
Finding aid created and encoded by Susan Rittereiser/2010 April.