Rotary Club of South Austin Records
An Inventory of the Collection
Rotary Club of South Austin (The Rotary Club of South Austin 1962 - District 587) was formed in direct response to the fast-developing business community south of the Colorado River. An extension committee of the Austin Rotary Club was established in early 1958 for the creation of the spin-off organization and the Charter Presentation Banquet was held at the Driskell Hotel in Austin, Texas on February 8, 1958. The club began with twenty-three charter members. In 1967, the Rotary Club of South Austin hosted the District Conference for the first time and then again in 1972, 1984-85 and 1989-90.
Adapted from the South Austin Rotary Club Roster.
Administrative and financial records, project information, leaflets, correspondence and assorted printed material document the activities of the Rotary Club of South Austin from 1981 to 1984 during the presidency of Ed Bloomquist. The bulk of the collection consisted of two 3-ring binders containing all of the administrative materials generated by and for the Rotary Club of South Austin during the years 1983 and 1984. The binders (the materials have been re-housed in folders) held a variety of administrative and financial records such as membership lists, committee lists, planning documents, budgets, Rotary Club instructional leaflets, club presidents workbooks and both national and local Rotary Club newsletters. Also included in the collection are additional correspondence, financial documents, newsletters and bylaws from the early 1980s that were not bound in the 3-ring binders.
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users.
Restrictions on Use
Donated by a member of the Rotary Club of South Austin.
Rotary Club of South Austin Records (AR.2005.004). Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, Texas.
Donor #: DO/2005/055
Donation Date: 2005, 2009
Finding aid created and encoded by Molly Hults.
Detailed Description of the Collection