Initial Interface Requirements
- Users should be able to limit searches by repository
- Users should be able to do fielded searching
**The guidelines group will need to decide which fields should be indexed.
- There will be a "keywords" field. This field would contain keywords
indicated by archivist and would enable more efficient searching from the
system's point of view...rather than search the entire finding aid we could
do a quick search on keywords.
- Search terms will be highlighted.
- The Table of Contents will always be visible from a frame on the left
side of the window.
- We will display the finding aid in HTML
- There will be a link to the XML version of each finding aid
- There will be a "printer safe" version of the finding aid that
will drop the frames when printing.
- The finding aids will be available to Web robots for indexing.
**Possible feature: There could be a "keywords in context" feature
that would show a results list contain key words as they appear in the document.
The results would be a list of phrases/sentences with keywords highlighted.