Selected Statistical Resources
Federal Government Sources
- AHRQ Data and Surveys (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- American FactFinder (U.S. Census Bureau)
- 2010 Census Data (U.S. Census Bureau)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Census State Data Centers (U.S. Census Bureau)
- Current Research Information System (CRIS)This USDA Research Database contains the information on ongoing and recently completed projects sponsored or conducted primarily within the USDA and State university research system. The database also includes projects on human nutrition research of the Federal agencies.
- HCUPnet is an online statistical tool created as a part of the Health Care Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), an initiative of the US Department of Health and Human Services Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR). HCUPnet allows users to generate customized statistical reports in order to identify, analyze, and track national data on "hospital utilization, access, charges, quality and outcomes."
- Medicaid/Medicare Statistics (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
- MMWR Weekly Reports is a weekly listing of all deaths for 121 selected cities, as well as noticeable diseases for the nation. Includes annual survey.
- National Health Expenditure Data—measures spending for health care in the U.S. by type of service delivered (hospital care, physician services, nursing home care, etc.) and source of funding for those services (private health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, out-of-pocket spending, etc.). Developed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (formerly the Health Care Financing Administration).
- National Center for Health Statistics (Center for Disease Control)
- The National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics
- OSHA Statistics & Data (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (U.S. Census Bureau)
- Statistical Agencies - International (U.S. Census Bureau)
Current Index to
Statistics Most current edition. Updated yearly. Indexes all articles from about 111 core journals and selected articles from about 1,200 additional journals and about 11,000 books in statistics published since 1975.
Datasets (Univ. of Connecticut Health Center, Lyman Maynard Stowe Library)
Health Data Tools and Statistics (Partners in Health Information Access to Public Health Professionals)
- FAOSTAT is an on-line, multilingual database currently
containing more than 1 million time-series records covering international statistics
in the following areas: Food Balance Sheets, Food Aid Shipments, and
- OECD iLibrary - Organisation for Economic
Co-operation and Development
- United Nations Statistics
- WHOSIS (World Health Organization Statistical Information System)
Archive The Inter-university Consortium for Political and
Social Research (ICPSR), located within the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan, is a membership-based,
not-for-profit organization serving member colleges and universities in the
United States and abroad. ICPSR provides access to the world's largest archive
of computerized social science data.
Statistics and Demographic Databases
Texas and Regional Sources
Statistics on the Web (UT Austin)
The University of Texas School of Public Health Library maintains an excellent page that has links to sources of Texas, federal, international, and NGO statistics.
| Nursing Indexes to Articles | Electronic Journals | Full Text Resources | Internet Resources |
| Library Resources | Citation Style Guides |
Your comments are