Tips for Successful Assignments
- Assume students have minimal library knowledge (unless you know differently).
- Review the course syllabus and assignments to ensure that your session is directly relevant to student needs.
- Make sure the activity has a goal and that the students understand this goal.
- Provide any necessary structure or directions in writing.
- Have students work in groups or pairs.
- If possible, have sequential activities build on the last skill learned.
- Review the activity with your students and discuss how these skills are relevant to the larger research process and/or how these skills are transferable.