Use This Tutorial in Your Course
If you are interested in using parts of this tutorials for your own course, click on the title of each individual module, copy the embed code, and paste the embed code into your own site. Click here for an example.
After using the tutorial in your class, please fill out a survey to let us know how it worked.
Assign a Plagiarism Test in Blackboard
The University of Texas Libraries have created a Blackboard test for this tutorial. There are two versions, one worth 10 points and one worth 50 points.
Follow the steps below to import the test into your Blackboard course:
- Download the test package to your computer
- Log in to your Blackboard course and click Control Panel
- Under Course Tools select Test, Surveys, and Pools
- Click on Tests, then Import Test
- Click the Browse button and locate the test package you saved in step 1 (plagiarism_test_10points.zip or plagiarism_test_50points.zip). You do not need to unzip the .zip file.
- Now, from the left-hand column, click on Course Documents.
- From the Assessment drop-down tab, select Test. The Plagiarism Test should appear in the Add Test window. Select it and hit Submit.
- After you have successfully created the test, the screen will display Test Options. Under “2. Test Availability,” click Yes by “Make the Link Available” to turn the link on for students and under “4. Test Feedback,” check all four boxes if you want to display the feedback for correct and incorrect answers built into the test package. Click “Submit.”
If you need assistance with Blackboard, contact the University of Texas at Austin Blackboard support staff.