Assign a Plagiarism Test in Canvas
The University of Texas Libraries have created a test for this tutorial that can be embedded in Canvas. There are two versions, one worth 5 points and one worth 10 points. If would like a librarian to add the quiz to your UT course, contact Teaching & Learning Services.
Follow the steps below to import the test into your Canvas course:
- Download the test package to your computer
- Log in to your Canvas course and click “Settings” at the bottom of the left-hand column
- On the right-hand side of the page, click “Import Content Into Your Course.”
- Choose “QTI .zip file” from the “Content Type” dropdown menu. Click the “Choose” file button and locate the test package you saved in step 1 (plagiarism_test_5points.zip or plagiarism_test_10points.zip). You do not need to unzip the .zip file. The file will queue for import and eventually display “Completed.” Reload the page if you don’t see the “Completed” message.
- Click “Quizzes” on the left-hand course menu. You should see “Plagiarism Quiz” listed under “Unpublished Quizzes.”
- Click the pencil icon to edit the settings or questions for the quiz. You may want to add instructions or a due date. Be sure to click “Save” at the bottom of the “Settings” or “Questions” tab to finalize your changes. Once your editing is complete, click “Publish” at the top of the page. Once published, the quiz will display under Assignments and Quizzes in your course.
- If you would like to change the point value of the question, select Settings and use the pencil icon to edit the points per question.
- If you would like to change the point value of the entire quiz, select Graded Survey, under Quiz Type. Then change the Score to the number of points of your preference.
If you need assistance with Canvas, contact the University of Texas at Austin Center for Teaching and Learning staff