Online Journals – How to Create a Link
Link to the Find it @ UT menu for your preferred journal. Students will have to enter their UT EID if they are off campus.
Why we recommend linking to the Find it @ UT menu:
Publishers frequently change their URLs without advanced notice. By linking to the Find it @ UT menu, your students will always be able to find the journal you are assigning regardless of publisher URL changes.
Example: Journal of Cold War Studies
- Go to the Find a Journal web page.
- Find your journal from the alphabetical list, or do a title search.
- A window will open which provides all the online avenues for finding this journal in our databases.
- Copy the entire URL and paste it into your course page.
- When students click on this URL, they will be shown the Find it @ UT menu. You will need to provide them with citation information to find any specific articles.