Library Catalog – How to Create a Link
Post links in your Blackboard course site to the Library Catalog Search and Advanced Search pages, to a specific record for an item, or to a set of search results
Links to Search Pages:
Copy these links and paste them into your Blackboard course page
- Library Catalog main page: http://catalog.lib.utexas.edu
- Advanced Search page: http://catalog.lib.utexas.edu/search/X
Links to a Specific Record:
1. Search for the item in the catalog and click on the title to open the full record
2. Click on the Bookmark Link located on the right side of the record.
3. This will create a new, truncated URL for the specific record. Copy this URL and paste it into your course page.
Links to Search Results:
Link to a specific subset of materials by searching the Library Catalog and linking to the resulting URL.
You want your students to find items on the subject of the Great Depression.
- Do a subject search for Stock Market Crash.
- Click on the appropriate Subject Heading in the resulting list. This will display list of all items in the library on that subject.
- Copy and the resulting URL and paste it into your course page.