EBooks – How to Create a Link
UT Libraries subscribes to tens of thousands of eBooks through different vendors. The instructions below link to the eBook record in the Library Catalog because this is the most stable URL for the item.
2. Click on the title to open the full record.
3. Click on the Bookmark Link located on the right side of the record.
4. This will create a new, truncated URL for the specific record. Copy this URL and paste it into your course page.
A few things to keep in mind about our four largest vendors of eBooks (EBL, NetLibrary, MyiLibrary and eBrary):
- All allow persistent linking to the book
- None provide persistent linking to the chapter level
EBL, eBrary and MyiLibrary allow multiple simultaneous users. NetLibrary only allows one user to access a book at a time unless the Libraries has purchased additional copies of the eBook.