Get a Scan
Through this service UT Faculty, Students and Staff can receive a scan of an article or book chapter from the print collections of the following UT Libraries (some materials and special collections are excluded, see our list of items we cannot scan):
- Architecture and Planning Library
- Benson Latin American Collection
- Chemistry (Mallet) Library
- Classics Library
- Collections Deposit Library
- Engineering (McKinney) Library
- Fine Arts Library
- Geology (Walter) Library
- Library Storage Facility
- Life Science Library
- Perry-Castañeda (Main) Library (PCL)
- Physics Mathematics Astronomy (Kuehne) Library (PMA)
Use the Article/Chapter request form on the ILS request system
There is no limit to the number of requests you can place, but no more than 10 requests
will be processed for each patron in one day. Only one article or chapter can be submitted per request.
Requests will be filled within three business days. In the event that we are unable to scan an article
or chapter from the UT collection we will order it from another library, and delivery may take longer
than three days. There is no rush processing available for this service.
Please provide as complete a citation as possible. If you lack information for a required
field you can enter a question mark or N/A.
- Items that can be scanned:
- Articles and book chapters that are 50 pages or less.
- Books published before 1923 (page limit and exceptions below still apply).
- We cannot scan:
- Materials from the following libraries and archives:
- Marine Science Library
- Harry Ransom Center (HRC)
- Dolph Briscoe Center for American History
- H.J. Lutcher Stark Center for Physical Culture and Sports
- Jamail Center for Legal Research - Tarlton Law Library
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- Materials in the Architecture Library's Special Collection, Moore Collection and Rowe Collection; the Benson Library's Rare Book room and Manuscript Collection; and the Fine Arts Library's Special Collection.
- Newspapers at the Collections Deposit Library
- Newspapers at the Library Storage Facility if they are from the Briscoe Center for American History (we will scan from other newspapers, condition permitting)
- Anything longer than 50 pages
- Books or Journals that are in poor or fragile condition
- Microfilm or microfiche
- Reserves materials
- AV materials
- Plays (unless part of a collection or anthology)
- Archival materials that are not listed in the UT Catalog