The University of Texas System Reciprocal Borrowing Program
The libraries of the University of Texas System component institutions offer a reciprocal borrowing program for faculty. The goal of this program is to promote and facilitate scholarly research and communication among faculty by providing direct, personal access to scholarly materials that are not available on their home campus.
The libraries to which this agreement applies are the main and branch libraries of the campus of each institution.
The faculty to which this agreement applies are faculty members of the main and branch campuses of each institution.
The term faculty as used in this agreement refers to all regularly appointed faculty members holding the rank of instructor, assistant professor, or professor, and other university employees accorded faculty borrowing privileges on their home campus.
- Present required identification.
- Observe the rules and regulations of the lending institution.
- Return materials in person or by mail as specified by the lending institution within the loan period prescribed by the lending institution.
- Return materials immediately by a form of priority mail or express mail if recalled by the lending institution.
- Pay fines or other charges incurred as the result of late return, damage, or loss of materials.
How Faculty Participate
Faculty members may, with the proper identification, use the collections of University of Texas System institutions on the premises of the owning library or they may borrow materials in person and take them to their home campus.
Identification of faculty eligible for privileges under this agreement is by a University of Texas System Libraries Reciprocal Borrowing Program Library Passport. This card is valid until August 31, or earlier date if applicable, of the fiscal year of its issuance and is signed by the home library director or his/her designee. The lending institution may also require other identification and may issue its own identification card for special borrowing privileges.
A faculty member may request a University of Texas System passport card from his or her home library. To borrow materials, the visiting faculty member must present the passport card and any other identification the lending library requires.
- The University of Texas at Arlington
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The University of Texas at Dallas
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- The University of Texas at Tyler
- University of Texas Health Center at Tyler
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Dental Branch
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- University of Texas System Cancer Center (M.D. Anderson)
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston