- ADS Astrophysics Data Systems
Index to the astronomical literature from the 1800's to the present. Includes scanned backfiles of selected journals and observatory publications. Covers Astronomy and Astrophysics, Instrumentation, Physics and Geophysics. Some conference proceedings, NASA reports, theses, books and the full text of ejournals to which we subscribe. Provides access or pointers to astronomical data catalogs and archives from NASA.
ADS Searching Tips:
- Use Middle Initial Search to catch variant forms of author name
- Look for E, F, or G symbols to link to full text or scanned backfiles
- Nature ( London) 1997 - is available electronically at UT, but ADS e-links are sporadic
- Science (Washington) 1880 - is available electronically at UT, ADS e-links are sporadic
- Use Browse Library - Article Service to go directly to an article with a known citation
- Use the UT Library ADS link when you are off-campus
- myADS: provides a personalized notification service.
Contains more than 7 million citations with abstracts to worldwide literature of physics, electronics and electrical engineering, computing and control, and information technology. Primary coverage is journal articles and conference proceedings. Books and technical reports are also included. Corresponds to the following print indexes: Physics Abstracts; Electronics, Electrical & Electronics Abstracts; and Computer & Control Abstracts
- Web of Science
Updated weekly. Covers more than 8,400 journals in all subject areas.
- History of Science, Technology, and Medicine
Describes journal articles, conference proceedings, books, book reviews, and dissertations in the history of science and technology and allied historical fields .
Extensive preprint service in the fields of astrophysics, physics, mathematics, non-linear science, computer science, and quantitiative biology
- ARIBIB Bibliographical Database for Astronomical References
Searches historical bibliographies and indexes to the astronomical literature from 1880 and earlier – 2000.