NoodleTools - log in or sign up here
What is NoodleTools?
NoodleTools is a web-based student research service that helps you correctly cite sources in MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian citation styles. Use NoodleTools throughout a research project to track your sources, take notes, create outlines, collaborate with classmates, and format and print your bibliography.
How do I create a bibliography?
1. Create a New Project
2. Choose a citation style (MLA, APA, or Chicago/Turabian).
3. Select the Advanced citation level.
4. Give the list a name. This is for identification only, and won't appear on your final product.
5. From the Bibliography screen, select a citation type and click "Create Citation."
6. Follow the prompts to enter information about your your source.
How do I get started?
Create an Account
Go to NoodleTools and click on "Create a Personal ID." Select a username and password to create an account that you will be able to access the entire time you are a student at UT.
Can I access NoodleTools from off-campus?
Yes. Access NoodleBib from the link on the UT Libraries page so that you'll be prompted for your EID.
Can I use NoodleTools on my phone or tablet?
The NoodleTools Companion is available to download for iOS and Android. You can search for a book by author or title (or scan the ISBN) to generate a perfectly-formatted citation. After adding an annotation (or notes), the citation can then be routed directly into your NoodleTool project.
How do I print my bibliography?
Use the "Print/Export" menu from the Bibliography screen.
What else does NoodleTools do?
Use NoodleTools to:
- Take notes
- Separate quotations, paraphrases, and your own ideas to avoid plagiarism
- Create an outline
- Collaborate with classmates
- Make a project to-do list
- Write your paper (through Google Docs)
I forgot my username and password
You can retrieve your username (Personal ID) and password here.