IPA: Using the Results
The Results List shows how many results were retrieved by the search. The first 10 results (or however many are in the set if less than 10) are displayed on the screen; you can toggle through the results by clicking on the arrows.
Print, Save, or E-mail
- Notice the folder icon near the upper-right portion of the screen.
- Select the records you wish to retain by clicking on the "add-to-folder" icon next to the records.
- The "add-to-folder" icon will change once your record has been added to the folder.
- Once you have made your selections, click on the Folder to access the "View Folder" screen.
- Folder contents can be printed, emailed, or saved to disk.
- If you choose to Save to Disk, the Save Manager provides the option to save in a bibliographic format to import into software such as Endnote. To use this option, click the Bibliographic Manager tab on the Save Manager screen.
Finding the Full-text Article
The IPA database, unlike some other EBSCO products, is not a full-text database. To find the full-text of articles that you are interested in, you must first determine whether the journals containing these articles are available on campus. (You can use the link included in the database, but due to the way it "searches" the Library Catalog, it may "miss" something that UT does have. We recommend opening an additional browser window and searching the catalog directly, to ensure accurate results.
- Search the title of the journal in the Library Catalog to determine if UT subscribes to the journal you need.
- If the title (and the volume you need) is available on campus, determine which library holds it and its accompanying call number.
- If the journal is not listed in the Library Catalog, check the Online Journals list to see if UT subscribes to an electronic version of the journal.
- Special Note: The ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting abstracts that appear in IPA are complete abstracts - no articles or "transcriptions" of the meetings are available.
Exiting the Program
To exit the IPA program, click on the University of Texas at Austin link located in the upper-right corner of the screen.