Two: Using Search Results
International Pharmaceutical Abstracts
EBSCO WEB ACCESS Help Sheet
Three: Sample Search
- The Results List shows how many results were
retrieved by the search. The first 10 results displayed on the screen; you
can toggle through the results by clicking on the arrows.
PRINT / SAVE /
- Once a search has been performed, the first
10 results (or however many are in the set if less than 10) will be displayed.
FINDING THE FULL-TEXT
The IPA database, unlike some other EBSCO products,
is not a full-text database. To find the full-text of articles that you
are interested in, you must first determine whether the journals containing
these articles are available on campus. (You
can use the link included in the database, but due to the way it "searches" the Library Catalog, it may "miss" something that UT does have. We recommend
opening an additional browser window and searching the catalog directly, to
ensure accurate results.
- Search the title of the journal in the Library
Catalog to determine if UT subscribes to the journal you need.
- If the title (and the volume you need) is
available on campus, determine which library holds it and its accompanying
- If the journal is not listed in the Library Catalog, check
the Online Journals list
to see if UT subscribes to an electronic version of the journal.
- Special Note: The ASHP Midyear
Clinical Meeting abstracts that appear in IPA are complete abstracts -
no articles or "transcriptions" of the meetings are available.
Exiting the Program
- To exit the IPA program, click on the link located in the upper-right corner of the screen.