Provides documents covering the history of South Asia between the founding of the East India Company to the granting of independence to India and Pakistan. Includes original manuscript material, comprising diaries and journals, official and private papers, letters, sketches, paintings and original Indian documents containing histories and literary works.Documents are grouped by thematic areas.
Content is drawn from the manuscript collections of the National Library of Scotland.
- The East India Company: Government and Administration c.1750-1857
- Agriculture and Trade c.1750-1857
- Society, Travel and Leisure c.1750-1857
- The Mysore and Maratha Wars
- Indian Uprising 1857-58
- The Raj: British Government and Administration of India after 1858
- Agriculture and Trade after 1858
- Society, Travel and Leisure after 1858
- India: Literature, History and Culture
Access to this resource is funded by the Emily Knauss Library Endowment for the Liberal Arts.