Academic Search Complete- A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,300 full-text periodicals, including 4,400 peer-reviewed journals.
IEEE Xplore - Provides full-text access to IEEE and IEE journals, conference proceedings and current IEEE standards, covering electrical and computer engineering, electronics, computer science and physics.
Web of Science (ISI Web of Knowledge) - Covers more than 8,400 journals in all subject areas.
PubMed - Provides access to more than 10 million citations in MEDLINE, PreMEDLINE and other related databases. Links to the full-text articles are provided when available, subject to UT subscription status.
Search Multiple Databases at Once
Click EBSCOhost Research Databases to search multiple databases. Check the boxes next to the databases you want to search and click Continue when done.
UT has more than 60 databases available via EBSCOhost; here are some of titles useful for science research:
- Academic Search Complete - Multi-disciplinary full-text database.
- Agricola - Contains bibliographic records from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Agricultural Library.
- Business Source Complete - Scholarly business database.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text - Source of full text for nursing & allied health journals.
- Computer Source - Provides researchers with the latest information and current trends in high technology.
- GeoRef - Contains references to geoscience journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports and theses. Includes references to all publications of the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Inspec - Contains more than 7 million citations, with abstracts to worldwide literature of physics, electronics and electrical engineering, computing and control and information technology.
- MEDLINE - Provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences and much more.
- Science & Technology Collection - Contains more than 830 leading full-text journals covering relevant aspects of the scientific and technical community.
Library Catalog: Search for Books, Journals, DVDs and More
E-books - We have more than 40 databases that provide full-text access to electronic books, including the following:
- BIOSCIENCEnetBASE: Biology References Online - 200 reference works and books on topics such as bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, immunology, neuroscience, pharmacology and toxicology.
- EBL (Ebook Library) - 50,000 books from across all subject areas.
- ebrary - eBooks covering all subject areas, including the Computers, Engineering and Applied Sciences Collection.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) - A database of encyclopedias, almanacs and specialized reference sources.
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology Online
- eBook Collection - Access to full-text scholarly, reference and professional eBooks.
- STAT!Ref - Access to key medical reference sources and textbooks.
Databases and Indexes by subject
Nutrition and Food
- April Kessler, email@example.com, (512) 495-4271
- David Flaxbart, Ask a Question, (512) 495-4600
- William Kopplin, firstname.lastname@example.org, (512) 495-4268
- Susan Ardis, email@example.com, (512) 495-4505
- Larayne Dallas, firstname.lastname@example.org, (512) 495-4503
- Robyn Rosenberg, email@example.com, (512) 495-4646
- Dennis Trombatore, firstname.lastname@example.org, (512) 495-4680
Life Science (includes Biology, Medicine, Nutrition, Pharmacy):
- Nancy Elder, email@example.com, (512) 495-4635
- Roxanne Bogucka, firstname.lastname@example.org, (512) 495-4256
- Liz DeHart, email@example.com, (361) 749-6723
- Molly White, firstname.lastname@example.org, (512) 495-4610