- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) publications are now available through OnePetro.
- Ei Compendex - Contains Compendex, EI WEB; indexes scholarly journals and conferences in all areas of engineering.
- Academic Search Complete - A good source for undergraduates; many full-text articles; interdisciplinary, with good coverage of the applied sciences.
- GeoRef - Covers the geology of North America from 1785 to the present, and the geology of the rest of the world from 1933 to the present.
- GeoScienceWorld - Provides full-text access to more than 30 core journals from a variety of geoscience publishers.
- AAPG (American Association of Petroleum Geologists) Datapages - Provides full-text access to publications from the AAPG.
- AGU (American Geophysical Union) Journals - Provides full-text access to the journals published by the American Geophysical Union.
- IEEE Xplore - Indexing and full text of IEEE publications.
- API (American Petroleum Institute) Standards
- Aerospace Database - Also covers technology development and applications in complementary and supporting fields such as chemistry, geosciences, physics, communications and electronics.
- Web of Science (ISI Web of Knowledge) - (Science Citation) - A subject/author index but unique in its cited-reference searchwhich scientific works have been cited and by whom.
- Dissertation Abstracts International (ProQuest) - Contains more than 1.5 million entries representing the work of authors from more than 1,000 North American and European universities. All subject areas are covered.
Library Catalog - Locate any of eight million items, including books, journals, and other materials in the University of Texas Libraries collections.
Example of subject searches
- Rock Mechanics
- Petroleum Reserves
- Oil reservoir engineering
- Fluid dynamics
- Secondary recovery of oil
Petroleum engineering handbook for the practicing engineer
TN 870 M58 1992 V.1 - V.2
Engineering Collection, PCL Stacks
Geology Library (V. 1)
Standard handbook of petroleum & natural gas engineering. 2nd ed.
TN 870 S6233 2005
Engineering Reference Collection, PCL StacksUSE IN LIBRARY ONLY
Petroleum engineering handbook.
TN 870 P493 1987
Engineering Reference Collection, PCL Stacks
Standard handbook of petroleum & natural gas engineering. / (6th ed.)
TN 870 S6233 1996 V.1 - V.2
Engineering Reference Collection, PCL Stacks
The illustrated petroleum reference dictionary. 1994
TN 865 I43 1994
Engineering Reference Collection, PCL Stacks USE IN LIBRARY ONLY
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) - A database of encyclopedias, almanacs and specialized reference sources. Fully searchable across all files. A list of sources included in our subscription is available.
- eBook Collection- Provides access to full-text scholarly, reference and professional eBooks (electronic books) from leading university, academic and professional publishers.
- EBL (Ebook Library) - A database of more than 50,000 books from across all subject areas, featuring content from 179 worldwide publishers.
- ebrary Computers, Engineering and Applied Sciences Collection - This collection includes more than 2,000 full text books covering all areas in computing, engineering and applied sciences.
- more electronic books and online handbooks
University of Texas Departments, Centers & Institutes
- Bureau of Economic Geology
- Center for Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering
- Center for Subsurface Modeling
- Center for Petroleum Asset Risk Management
- Department of Petroleum & Geosystems Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin
- John R. & Katherine G. Jackson School of Geosciences
- Institute for Geophysics
- SciTech Connect - DOE Scientific and Technical Information provides free public access to full-text documents and bibliographic citations of Department of Energy (DOE) research report literature.es
Professional Organizations and Society Web Sites
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- American Gas Association
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers
- American Petroleum Institute
- International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC)
- International Geothermal Association (IGA)
- National Petroleum Council (NPC)
- Petroleum Technology Transfer Council (PTTC)
- Pipeline Simulation Interest Group (PSIG)
- Society of Mining Engineers (SME)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
If you need further assistance don't hesitate to ask a librarian!
Get Help (Common questions and answers about library services)
- InterLibrary Services Borrowing will obtain books, article photocopies, and other material not owned by the University of Texas libraries. It is available to UT faculty, staff and students.