- Academic Search Complete - A good source for undergraduates; many full-text articles; interdisciplinary, with good coverage of the applied sciences.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center - Topics include bioethics, cloning, genetic engineering, water pollution, stem cells, renewable energy and more.
- CQ Researcher - Explores a single "hot" issue in the news in-depth each week. Every report is written by an experienced journalist and features comments from experts, lawmakers and citizens on all sides of every issue with numerous charts, graphs and sidebar articles. Example reports include: Plagiarism and Cheating; Genetically Modified Food; Synthetic Biology.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - Dozens of reference sources in many subjects including: Encyclopedia of Science, Technology, and Ethics
- Annual Reviews Online - Provides full text access to all volumes published by Annual Reviews. Covers topics in biomedical, physical and social sciences.
- Compendex - indexes scholarly journals and conferences in all areas of engineering.
- IEEE Xplore - Provides full-text access to IEEE and IEE journals, conference proceedings and current IEEE standards covering electrical and computer engineering, electronics, computer science and physics.
- INSPEC - Contains more than seven million citations with abstracts to worldwide literature of physics, electronics and electrical engineering, computing and control and information technology.
American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) - conference proceedings search
Library Catalog - Locate any of eight million items, including books, journals and other materials in the University of Texas at Austin Libraries collections.
For help locating books go to Find Books.
Sample Search Terms: