- Academic Search Complete - A good source for undergraduates; many full-text articles; interdisciplinary, with good coverage of the applied sciences.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center - Topics include bioethics, cloning, genetic engineering, water pollution, stem cells, renewable energy and more.
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Digital Library
- Aerospace Database - Provides bibliographic coverage of basic and applied research in aeronautics and space sciences. Also covers technology development and applications in complementary and supporting fields such as chemistry, geosciences, physics, communications and electronics.
- Annual Reviews Online
- CQ Researcher - Explores a single "hot" issue in the news in-depth each week. Every report is written by an experienced journalist and features comments from experts, lawmakers and citizens on all sides of every issue with numerous charts, graphs and sidebar articles.
- Engineering Index (EI) - Contains Compendex, EI WEB. Indexes scholarly journals and conferences in all areas of engineering.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - Dozens of reference sources in many subjects including:
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics, 3rd Ed., 5v, 2004
- Encyclopedia of Ethical, Legal and Policy Issues in Biotechnology, 2v, 2000
- Encyclopedia of Science, Technology, and Ethics, 4v, 2005
- Ethical and Socially Responsible Investment: A Reference Guide for Researchers, 2003
- IEEE Xplore - Provides full-text access to IEEE and IEE journals, conference proceedings and current IEEE standards covering electrical and computer engineering, electronics, computer science and physics.
- INSPEC - Contains more than seven million citations with abstracts to worldwide literature of physics, electronics and electrical engineering, computing and control and information technology.
- PubMed - Provides access to more than 10 million citations in MEDLINE, PreMEDLINE and other related databases. Links to the full-text articles are provided when available, subject to UT subscription status. Setting up the Find it @ UT service will provide for better full-text linking to library subscriptions.
Science and engineering ethics. 1995-
Q 175.35 S354 CURRENT ISSUES Engineering Library
Q 175.35 S354 V.11 2005 - V.16 2010 Engineering Library Reserves
Electronic Access: Available from 1995-Present
Library Catalog - Locate any of eight million items, including books, journals and other materials in the University of Texas at Austin Libraries collections. For help locating books go to Find Books.
Sample Search Terms:
Can't find what you're looking for? Try searching WorldCat or other library catalogs.
OCLC WorldCat - WorldCat is a comprehensive database of library holdings around the U.S. and also includes holding from a number of libraries around the world. It may be used to search for book and serials materials (though not individual book chapters, journal articles or conference papers) not available at UT Austin.
Once you find a book you want, you may be able to obtain materials NOT owned by UT Austin Libraries by going to InterLibrary Loan Services Borrowing. Interlibrary Services are available to UT faculty, staff and students.
- NetLibrary - Our main eBook (electronic book) site. Currently more than 50,000 titles in all subject areas are available online to UT Austin users. Included are scholarly, reference, and professional works from leading university, academic, and professional publishers.
- ebrary Computers, Engineering and Applied Sciences Collection
- Audiobooks (MyiLibraryAudio)
- more electronic books
Please check the library catalog for availability.
Ethics and engineering. / Lincoln, NE / 1993(1992)
VIDCASS 10,886 Engineering Lib Reserves
The Truesteel affair. / Toronto, Ontario / 1984(1983)
VIDCASS 1078 Fine Arts Library